Cornerstone Family Schools (CFS) is an independent, parent-led educational organization consisting of Christian families who have chosen to instruct their children in a responsible manner primarily at home. CFS is dedicated to helping these home-educating families by providing a structure of accountability, support, and encouragement.
The primary role of CFS is to provide accountability and support to home-educating families. As such, all families are required to participate in standardized testing (3rd – 11th grade). CFS does not offer classes but does offer a variety of optional activities and enrichment opportunities that may not normally be available to home-educating families. Families within the organization have opportunities to participate in field trips, fine arts activities (4th – 12th grade), sports (starting age varies by sport – 12th grade), and many other activities.
Since CFS is a volunteer-only organization, it takes the commitment of all member families to volunteer in various ways to provide the opportunities available to members.
In summary, the combination of accountability, familial responsibility, and resources is intended to educate and instruct young men and women to work in and minister to the world with the character and love of Christ.
An elected board, comprised of Cornerstone member parent volunteers, meets monthly to guide the organization. The board members, who serve three-year terms, oversee the budget, activity policies, and many other points of business.
- A-001 Testing Policy
- C-001 - Mailing List and Membership Directory Policy
- E-001 CFS Formal – Dress Code Guests & Music
- E-002 Graduation Ceremony Policy
- E-003 Dance Policy
- F-001 New Members Application Policy
- F-002 Renewing Members Application Policy
- F-003 Quarterly Reports Policy
- F-004 New Applicant Interview Policy
- G-001 CFS Policy on Policies
- G-002 CFS Purpose Statement
- G-003 Security and Access
- G-004 Conflict of Interest Policy
- G-005 Participation Policy
- G-006 Conduct Policy
- G-006 Conduct Policy (Condensed)
- G-007 Contributions Policy
- G-008 Leadership Requirements and Code of Conduct
- R-001 BAFA Dress Code
- S-001 CFS Athletics Policies
- CFS Bylaws
Guidelines & Procedures:
- Membership Ambassador: Kevin and Kendall Helt
- Administration Ambassador: Kenton and Ellen Cox
- Athletics Ambassador: Brian and Wendy Dorris
- Fine Arts Ambassador: Joe and Jessie Hawkinson
- Events Ambassador: Bill and Diane Horn
- Communications Ambassador: Ben and Tamara Ockree
- Academics Ambassador: Joe and Jessie Hawkinson
- Administration Committee charter
- Athletics Committee Charter
- Communications Committee Charter
- Events Charter
- Fine Arts Committee charter
Cornerstone Family Schools, PO Box 4968, Topeka, KS 66604
For more information, please fill out our contact us form.